Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Week in the MTC

Here is Robert's first letter from the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah.  He would love to hear from you all. 

To e-mail through <dearelder.com>, here is the information you will need:
Name: Robert Chezik MTC Mailbox: 108 Mission Code: CZE-SLVC Departure Date: 0515.  

To send snail mail:
Elder Robert John Chezik
MTC Mailbox # 108
CZE-SLVK 0515
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

And now, for his letter:

Muj Rodina!

Things are pretty Dobre here in the MTC! Its only been 6 days but it feels like forever! In a good way now. The Cesky is going pretty darn Bamba and my district is awesome. So on the first day we found out my companion, Starsi Simcock, would be our District leader which was cool but then three days later he got released..... SO WE COULD GET CALLED TO BE ZONE LEADERS! BAM! Haha
Starsi Simcock is pretty cool, he's from England, which is good but he speaks with an English accent so i absorb his and he absorbs mine, i say "as well" now rather than "too" and he says awesome rather than smashing. Super weird. Cesky is suuuuuucccchhh a crazy language! P.s. googletranslate sucks. Our teachers only speak Czech to us, and have since day 1 which is soooo nuts but we've adjusted now, we've started teaching a man named Stepan in Czech. We now know how to testify and teach and pray in Czech, as well as have a pretty good conversation. We set a district goal to memorize Joseph Smith's first vision in Czech by next Sunday so thats pretty crazy but also velmy bamba!

Hmm, what else, oh yeah EVERYONE WRITE ME LETTERS ON DEAR ELDER OR I WILL KILL YOU! Also, papermail with candy would be LEGIT. We only have 30 minutes to email so my letters won't be super long, but I'm only allowed to email family. So, if youre one of my friends and reading this, EMAIL ME YOUR HOUSE ADDRESS SO I CAN WRITE YOU. Seriously, it's all we do during downtime, well that and Starsi Probst and Neumann (our roommates and buds), who are a comedy duo, look up funny words in Czech to say. Its pretty fun but really its alot better to write letters. We learn Czech about 9 to 12 hours a day depending on the day and its suuuper fun. Im looking forward alot to being able to speak it fluently.

Oh, yes I met Josh, which was nice, and I also met Elder Davies! James's brother! Pretty cool, he's right down the hall from my class, since he's speaking Lithuanian and that's a Slovak language. If you think Czech is hard, go look at Russian. Yikes! At least I can SOUND OUT my words. I sent home a letter yesterday with a more comprehensive list of events, so this is more like a hightlight reel. We have elders and sisters in the clasroom next to us learning Bulgarian and theyre pretty funny, but what's more funny is that my whole district is Harry Potter fanatics so when they walk by we say, HERE COME THE BULGARIANS! (it's in goblet of fire during the quidditch world cup.)

I miss you all, but its not really debilitating, the day's over before I can think about it so thats nice. I love being a  zone leader! Its cool and oh! our old Zone leaders looked exactly like Fancypants and Mr. Cool! Soooo hilarious. That's another thing, we all love school of rock, so we quote it constantly, its pretty bamba! I LOOOOOVE Sundays, we get to watch the testaments and go on a temple walk, ps. mom the umbrella you got me SUCKS. It was only 2 feet across and broke the first time I opened it. And we were on the temple walk when a BLIZZARD HIT. So I was soaked all the way through my suit. But oh well haha I'll send pictures of said umbrella and my comp and district in the mail, (I don't know how to email pictures.) Anyways MAM VACE RAD! (I love you all) Follow Jesus Christ and stay up!

I'll paper mail all of you
Much love, Starsi Chezik

No comments:

Post a Comment